About Me

My photo
antrim, antrim, Ireland
Hello and welcome to my blog. If you like flowers and gardens, housey stuff, food and banter, then this is the place for you. I am a decorative artist, florist and maker of things. I sell painted furniture, plants and crafts, through a local retail shop, in my native Ireland, and wedding flowers from home. I am married to a lovely patient man and have a smashing little girl. I blog for the fun of it. Thank you for listening.

Wednesday 14 November 2012

Bargain of the month!



So sorry for my absence of late, but things are a little busy here. I wanted to show you my charity shop purchase. I have always been rather envious of my blogging friends in England and America, who seem to pick up the best of things for next to nothing. Well, now it's my turn.

I have long been admiring the wonderful collections of white ironstone that you see displayed in Pinterest and other places,but I have never seen any here, until last week that is! I found this wonderful tureen, complete with lid and ladle, in great condition for £5 in my local charity shop. I was cock-a-hoop!!

I am afraid that is all for now, but I will post again soon as  I have a lot to show you. Have a wonderful week, love Linda x

20 comments:

  1. Linda

    I too get jealous of those blogs as here in the highlands of Scotland not many bargains to be had, glad your cock a hoop :-), loving the heather in it too.

    Annie

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful bargain, Linda! Your tureen looks lovely and will be useful for so many things. I love it filled with heather :)
    Have a happy week.
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Know that feeling of envy re charity shops. Never found anything I want to bring home. But the simplicity of the plain white crockery is lovely, I can see why you had to have it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used to live in southern California and you can find so very much out there in the thrift shops. Here, not much of anything really. It's disappointing because I love thrift shopping. Anyway, I'm a fan of ironstone also and this is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How beautiful, Linda! I love how you filled it with Heather. I have never heard the expression, "cock-a-hoop'!
    I like it!
    I hope that you are having a wonderful day!
    ~Lynne
    w/L.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Linda:
    We absolutely love your white soup tureen. Such an elegant shape and perfect in white to combine with any other table decoration. It looks wonderful as a plant holder too!

    Charity shops are very thin on the ground here but the second hand goods shops are treasure troves as Hungarians in the main it would appear always want to buy new. That is absolutely fine by us!!!

    We shall be away for the next two weeks and so may be 'off air' for a little while. However, we shall catch up on our return. Glad to hear that you are busy and well. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous! The great thing about white is that you can use it anywhere!
    Liz @ Shortbread & Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely, lovely find!!! How fun. :)
    Hugs,
    Zuzu

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's beautiful and very, very elegant. Can I have a recipe for your "Heather soup?" I can smell the "aroma" from here!

    I love your tureen... it's really stylish and... can't believe it only cost you £ 5!WOW! You did well.

    I have a similar one, but mine is Italian... very nice...

    It makes a fantastic pot holder!

    CIAO!

    ANNA
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. what a great find, just right for planting up..x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lucky you! No matter how often I try the charity shops I can never find anything pretty! I'm taking you the next time!! Cx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello Linda

    How fabulous that you found this tureen and it is one of your dreams. What a bargain.

    Wishing you a great week

    Helen xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is a brilliant find and something I would make good use of myself.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Linda. That really was a good find. Well done you! Like you, I'm always very envious of other bloggers who seem to pick up all these lovely things for next to nothing!I've been absent for a little while myself.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Don't work too hard Linda! Take your time to enjoy :-) Your new tureen looks lovely with the heather inside.

    A happy weekend!

    Madelief x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Don't work too hard Linda! Take your time to enjoy :-) Your new tureen looks lovely with the heather inside.

    Happy weekend!

    madelief x

    ReplyDelete
  17. How nice! clean white and simple.

    Don't overdo it. (being busy)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great find Linda...I love white ironstone too and have a small collection in the kitchen. So simple and classic..
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your home looks divine...how I wish i live with you:) with all the details and refined decoration! almost perfect!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your comments.....