About Me

My photo
antrim, antrim, Ireland
Hello and welcome to my blog. If you like flowers and gardens, housey stuff, food and banter, then this is the place for you. I am a decorative artist, florist and maker of things. I sell painted furniture, plants and crafts, through a local retail shop, in my native Ireland, and wedding flowers from home. I am married to a lovely patient man and have a smashing little girl. I blog for the fun of it. Thank you for listening.

Thursday 28 April 2011

Two little dickie birds


Image via tumblr



Thinking about the two little love birds about to tie the knot tomorrow, I thought I would share some images of birds that I rather like. I didn't realize it until a few years ago but I do seem to have a thing for birds and have gathered quite a collection over the years.


A rather fetching seagull that I purchased from T.K.Maxx and then my husband knocked off the table and he lost the end of his beak poor fellow!

A dove purchased from the garden centre to complete my Christmas mantlepiece.

Can't remember where I got my little sandpiper.

This handsome fellow is from a book I have on old needlework.

A little Tilda creation that I adapted.







The three images above from the wonderful graphics fairy


My lovely decoy duck I bought at auction many years ago.
 
Aaah how cute!




The above images are from tumblr


I hope you will be watching the royal couple tomorrow. I am going to my sisters for a girly day with my sisters and neices. I have made a flag cake which I will show you later. Have a great day whatever you are up to, with love Linda x.

Isn't this adorable? Lovely image via http://www.tumblr.com/

Noble crown via http://www.graphicsfairy.blogspot.com/

5 comments:

  1. Your little birds are very cute. Lovely images and I am so going to nick that crown picture from the Graphics Fairy - aren't her vintage images just the best!

    I am sitting glued to the telly already, dressed and ready for the day - well almost - we have family coming round to watch the wedding with us and then we're having a BBQ and I should really set the table and do a few kitcheny things but cannot drag myself from the excitement on screen. Silly me. ;)

    Enjoy the day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Linda,

    Just watched the Royal Wedding on tv. What a beautiful event. I enjoyed watching every minute.

    Your 'Love' birds look sweet!

    Thank you once more for your sweet comments. I enjoy them very much. I had a look at the blue and white Copeland Spode you mentioned. It is really pretty!

    Lieve groet & happy weekend,

    Madelief x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all your little birds! Especially the sandpiper and the seagull. Did you watch the wedding? I thought it was wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Linda you've won my Project Bag Giveaway. :)

    Could you let me have your postal address please. Ta.

    ReplyDelete
  5. you have a very pretty blog Linda...I found you via Wendz and her lovely blog 15 Coast Road.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your comments.....